NCC President Report
2 February 2016
Once again I would like to acknowledge the effort that is being put into this club from its members. Again it is the same few from the start of the year, but players from all three grades are starting to help the core group.
We have a long way to go and the tunnel is starting to get a little lighter, but we must highlight to our players and members that if we want to be a successful club both on and off the field we need to have the support and help of the players and members.
Our data entry into “MyCricket” for seniors and juniors to-date have been excellent – please pass onto the appropriate people our thanks and ask them to keep up the great work.
The season is in its final throws, but we are looking ahead to next season for a major shirt sponsor for our yellow shirts. If you know anyone that might be interested please pass their details on to the committee.
We have seen a large turn around in performance so far this season with all our grades compared to last year and I believe this is because of all the effort that is put into training by the players and the belief our players are now forming in both their own skills and that of their team as a whole.
With only couple of more games before the start of the semi finals in the 2-day comp and one game before the one-day final it’s important not to get caught up in all the hype. As a club we have to work hard week in week out and it is important that we take that same attitude into the final part of the season. Best of luck to all our grades.
We have our sponsors day this Saturday from 3pm to 7pm. This is a very important day for the club. Without our sponsors things like our balls for game day and training plus the replacement of the turf on four wickets in the nets would not happen. These are just a few things that our sponsors have helped our club achieve this season. There are many more in which they help in the day to day running of the club. If you have any spare time on Saturday between 3-7pm please come down and show your support to our sponsors.
I would also like to thank the Commonwealth Bank for coming on board as a sponsor over the next two years. They will be presenting us with a cheque and some Commbank sponsor gear on Saturday. Thanks again to Cam and Murray for putting together the paper work that lead to securing the deal.
It was great to see Lachlan Naess’ trip to Brisbane went well with Wynnum Manly. His stay gave him many opportunities to play different forms of the game. Since his return he has played two games, batting at the top of the order his scores have showing that his confidence has improved since his return. I look forward to building a bigger and longer relationship with our sister club Wynnum Manly over the coming seasons.
Keep up the great effort to-date and I am sure we will see the benefits flow though to the end of the season.
NORTHS have struck up a partnership with Brisbane outfit Wynnum Manly in a move that should have multiple benefits for both clubs. (more…)
Just a short up date for the coming few weeks.
- We are going back Tuesdays & Thursdays as of next week 4.30 – 6pm (longer once the light is better).
- We will also be doing the Wednesday night for the first grades 4.30 – 6pm.
- Please keep in mind that Thursday nights before a game will be team naming night at the club house (we will finish training slightly early those night).
- We are only two weeks out form the start of the regular season. Start for the First and Seconds grades are on the weekend of the 12 & 13 followed by the Third grade on the weekend of the 20th.
- First grade do have a 20/20 comp on the 4 & 5 September Would be good to see some support for the guys at the comp
- With only two weeks to go can we please pick up attendance for training. Our aim this season is to start strong in all 3 grades
- We need to get our cricket fees paid up in the next week if your are having trouble with payment and need a payment scheme please give me a call. Must be paid before season start
- Second grade are doing the raffles this week so feel free to drop in and have a beer with the guys this afternoon at the Cape York from 5pm maybe win a meat tray. I also think they are looking for second grades guys to give Carmon a hand
- Could everyone please note the dates 26th September & 24th October as Bunnings Sausage Sizzle days from 0900 to 1600hrs we will need at least 12 people on each day (These will be our biggest fund raising days of the year. Cairns Store)
Thanks and have a great week-end and look forward to seeing you all at training next week
Support you club by getting down to the Cape York Hotel by selling raffle tickets!
- 21/8/15 1st Grade
- 28/8/15 2nd Grade
- 4/09/15 3rd Grade
- 11/9/15 Committee
- 18/9/15 1st Grade
- 25/9/15 2nd Grade
- 2/10/15 3rd Grade
- 9/10/15 Committee
- 16/10/15 1st Grade
- 23/10/15 2nd Grade
- 30/10/15 3rd Grade
Where: Endeavour Park, Mayers Street, Manunda
When: 10am – 12pm 22nd August 2015
All children girls and boys of all ages are covered by the different levels of cricket on offer this summer. First timers to experienced from fun to competitive.
- Under 8’s Milo into Cricket, Friday Afternoons (soft ball)
- Under 10’s T20 Blast, Friday afternoons (soft ball)
- Under 12’s and under 14’s is run by CCA, Saturday
- 16 plus the seniors all 3 grades run by CFN, Saturday and Sundays
Come along to the sign on and meet some of the North Cairns Cricket Club community. Join in some of the fun and games on sign on day. The season will commence after September school holidays.
Contact: Peter Huey 0418 877 545.